TECHNICAL PROGRAMME MANAGER
Who are we: We’re a group of digital, data, brand, betting, finance and platform technology specialists who are also racehorse owners and breeders, passionate about the sport of racing and determined to bring the industry together to secure the future of the Tote.
What do we do: We have acquired the UK Tote (initially as a joint venture with Betfred, with total ownership planned). We plan to revitalise and globally grow this well known and loved sporting brand.
Our Vision: To create a global, multi-channel pool betting platform that brings thrilling entertainment into people’s lives via a collection of world-class, purpose-led brands and platform partnerships.
Our investors: We’re backed by people across horseracing who own and train over 1000 horses worldwide - and are committed to securing racing’s finance for generations to come through a revitalised Tote.
You will need understand how the entire technology landscape fits together especially focusing on dependencies that our B2C and B2B businesses have on third parties (Betfred IT, Platform suppliers). You will need to quickly understand the existing product set in depth (including simple and exotic bet types) and the implications and challenges of changing these (on operations, partners and customers). Other aspects of the role include:
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the current B2C technology platform.
- Understand the fundamental components of the B2B technical platforms and any constraints this might put on future B2C product innovation.
- Identify low risk enhancements that can be made to the existing platforms.
- Develop, in close cooperation with the CMO, a medium term roadmap for future betting products and customer interaction.
- Establish mechanisms for measuring delivery success around roadmap delivery, operational excellence, and other business metrics that require regular auditing and intervention.
- Support future strategy planning and preparation as appropriate.
- Degree educated (in a technical field) or equivalent practical experience.
- Self-starter who can work in an unstructured environment; strong at navigating ambiguity, bringing clarity and structure as you go.
- A master juggler working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
- Self-organising, able to work autonomously, to build and maintain strong partnerships with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product and Marketing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; has the ability to influence and drive key decisions through to successful conclusions.
- A natural problem solver, with developed analytical, problem-solving, and organisational skills.
- Experience leading large, complex projects. If this is within the entertainment or betting industry, it’s a plus.
- Experience operating and improving software engineering processes (bug tracking, builds, test and release).
- Proven understanding of code, with exposure to distributed systems.
- Able to focus with an excellent attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Working for a fast paced and innovative company and being part of the founding-stage team right at the start of an exciting journey disrupting an industry.
- You will be joining a highly talented and experienced team you can co-create with, learn from, support and be supported by as your colleagues.
- We believe that our people make the difference and are an integral part of everything we do. We therefore believe in building a culture that nurtures, empowers, encourages and rewards our people for their commitment, and gives them ownership, responsibility, autonomy and the opportunity to make their mark.
- Our benefits package includes a contributory pension, 25 days holiday and participation in our Company options scheme.
If this sounds like you.. please send your CV with covering email about why you think we should talk to you. We look forward to hearing from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.