Who are we: We’re a group of digital, data, brand, betting, finance and platform technology specialists who are also racehorse owners and breeders, passionate about the sport of racing and determined to bring the industry together to secure the future of the Tote.
What do we do: We have acquired the UK Tote (initially as a joint venture with Betfred, with total ownership planned). We plan to revitalise and globally grow this well known and loved sporting brand.
Our Vision: To create a global, multi-channel pool betting platform that brings thrilling entertainment into people’s lives via a collection of world-class, purpose-led brands and platform partnerships.
Our investors: We’re backed by people across horseracing who own and train over 1000 horses worldwide - and are committed to securing racing’s finance for generations to come through a revitalised Tote.
This is an exciting role for a newly qualified ACA who is looking to work in a dynamic, visionary business as a Financial Analyst. Joining the founding team, your work, whether it's modelling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, will be used by the business to make some of the most important strategic decisions. In this high visibility role, you will need to work cross-functionally and leverage the support of your colleagues to analyse and deliver insight to help guide the business over the short and mid-term challenges.
Project Work: Working on projects assigned by the Finance team, initial projects include:
- Detailed assessment and analysis of the competitive landscape of the global gambling sector and its regulatory framework.
- Create an on-going global Industry database that will help drive strategic decision making.
- Create and present sophisticated quantitative analyses to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Forecasting, budgeting and monitoring support for the Marketing department. Marketing is a high-profile part of the business which will be instrumental in generating our B2C growth objectives.
- Providing modelling and reporting capabilities for all marketing channels as they go live that will feed into a financial dashboard, supporting marketing and financial strategic decisions.
- Newly Qualified (0-2 years PQE) Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), with strong first-time exam passes, experience within one of the Big 4 desirable.
- Degree educated, self-starter who can work in an unstructured environment; strong at navigating ambiguity, bringing clarity and structure as you go.
- Commercially astute with robust analytical skills and impeccable business judgment.
- A master juggler working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to tackle big picture challenges.
- Self-organising, able to work autonomously, able to build and maintain strong relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to influence and drive key decisions through to successful conclusions.
- Advanced data management and analysis experience. Proficient in Excel (Vlookups, Pivot Tables & Formulas).
- Working for a fast paced and innovative company and being part of the founding-stage team right at the start of an exciting journey disrupting an industry.
- You will be joining a highly talented and experienced team you can co-create with, learn from, support and be supported by as your colleagues.
- We believe that our people make the difference and are an integral part of everything we do. We therefore believe in building a culture that nurtures, empowers, encourages and rewards our people for their commitment, and gives them ownership, responsibility, autonomy and the opportunity to make their mark.
- Our benefits package includes a contributory pension, 25 days holiday and participation in our Company options scheme.
If this sounds like you.. please send your CV with covering email about why you think we should talk to you. We look forward to hearing from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.